Friday, May 24, 2013

Kickstarter


On or around June 1 we will begin our Kickstarter campaign to raise necessary funds to bring Double Heart to FringeNYC. While this is the first time I have used this service, today it is the thing (unless you are Zach Braff) for raising a lot of cash from a lot of people in a short period of time. It's a brilliant concept, and one of the more successful attempts to harness the interconnectivity of the new, social media age.

When taking And Then You Die to FringeNYC in 2009, I tried something similar, namely putting a PayPal "donate" button onto my website and blog and encouraging people to give what they could. Sites like Kickstarter provide a lot more clout and cover, and an easy-to-follow interface for those who may not feel comfortable giving cash online. They are also good as prompting folks to think long and hard about how they present themselves to the public.

Putting together the language for this appeal, I am intensely grateful for the experience I have had in the Development Department at work. It has seriously made me a better technical writer (although I admit that is a poor sentence.)

You can look forward to hearing all about this campaign for the next month. Cheers!

Promotional cliché #24: You must stand in front of a brick wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment